Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Experiment 1

Developed SketchUp model


Model 1

Model 2

Model 3


I tried to illustrate in my model the differences in the artistic flair and personalities of my 2 artists. One of the words that I used to describe one of my artists' work is contrast, and this is reflected by the differences in the spaces created above ground and below ground. One of the main dissimilarities is the use of textures on the structures. I noticed that a lot of Rosalie Gascoigne's works features a vast array of bright colours, whereas Tracey Moffatt incorporates some black, white and grey colours in some of her works. These concepts influenced me to create textures with these colours. Another main contrast between the two galleries is the granduer and ceremonial nature of the pyramids compared with the unadorned and relaxed settings of bottom gallery.

Using SketchUp


In developing this model I used a sandbox to create the uneven surface, and I learned how to draw on spheres using the "intersect with model" tool. The spiral stairs were based on a youtube tutorial called "Snail Stairs"





Animations












Uploaded SketchUp Model at: http://www.mediafire.com/?wz3zmkjdbj4

No comments:

Post a Comment